Wednesday, March 3, 2010

LV gave me a FREE GIFT!!!


Suprising, yes, unprecedented, no :)


Free for sure?


Yes, no strings attached and with an accompanying letter too.


You see, my rights as a consumer was in a way infringed upon and I wrote to LV with regards to the matter.


This was 2 weeks ago, and I thought that my concerns will never be address, unknown to me, my seemingly harmless e-mail was circulated to someone who was in quite a high position in LV and the letter was dated 9th Feb which was 2 days after my e-mail. Pretty efficient indeed.


Customer Relations Management - a tale of two companies


It was not the only report that I lodged on that fateful day, there was another report under very similar circumstances but with a very different outcome! The details are as below:


Culprit 1 - Royal Mail, State owned, major player in oligopolistic market, high barrier to entry and very well protected view statutes and legislation.


Scenario - Item purchased was never delivered. The delivery person never attempted delivery, even when it was stated clearly on the parcel that the item was to be left safe with a neighbour in the even that receipent was not in.


Facts - I was awake since 8 a.m. awaiting the parcel. At approximately 8.55 a.m. I heard some voice outside my door, a voice of someone unknown and one which I could clearly make out which was that of the nosy neighbour from the accross the road. I then proceeded to grab my keys and was on the way down the stairs when I saw the "While you were out" slip being pushed through my letter-flap. By the time I opened my door, they were gone! There was no knock on the door and that was really appalling. FYI the postman had the time to talk about footie games from the previous day with my nosy neighbour, nice touch, but not for my liking as my awaited package did not arrive. Called customer care and was assured item would be at the central post office by 11, was there at 12 pm and still it wasnt there. Lodged a complain and wanted compensation or fee waiver to redirect parcel to Malaysia, was not granted. Proceeded then to call legal dept to clarify if there is indeed no recourse for mis-deed of employees - WAS LAUGHED AT BY STAFFS!!!!


Recourse: Just a letter saying sorry, no compensation, no fee waiver, NOTHING!


____________________________________________________________________


Culprit 2 - To be continued in next thread ;) Do check back!


Regards,

Ben Lai


No comments:

Post a Comment